Arrival of winter is accompanied by many changes. People start prepping for holidays, snow and cold become a new norm, and most importantly, winter colds and flu infections start lurking around, waiting to get us weak and sick. So, it is the season to start thinking about protecting ourselves and our loved ones from seasonal viruses and bacteria.
This year this topic has become even more important, because numerous studies have shown that COVID is especially harmful for people with compromised immunity and chronic conditions. So, in this article let me tell you how IV Vitamin Therapy can help you stay safe and strong this winter!
WHAT IS IV VITAMIN THERAPY AND WHO NEEDS IT?
Intravenous (IV) Vitamin Therapy is the infusion of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other natural substances directly into the vein. This is the fastest and most effective way of replenishing your body with nutrients it so desperately needs. Usually we get various substances through food or oral supplements. While food is the preferred choice of delivery of nutrients that nature intended,, there are several problems that might arise along the way that may impact this:
- Our diet is usually far from perfect, so many of us actually have a deficiency of various key nutrients
- Our supplement regimen is usually not customized to our body’s unique needs, so we might not be getting everything we need
- Orally ingested nutrients have to bypass the complex digestive system and their effective breakdown and absorption is not always guaranteed (some substances are deactivated in the process of digestion, while others are lost due to poor digestion)
- The way foods are grown, processed, shipped and handled also impact nutrient levels. Studies show that some vegetables and fruits grown today have a fraction of the nutrient density compared to those many years ago.
Studies have shown that many people in North America lack essential nutrients like magnesium, calcium, vitamin A and D. Vitamin D deficiency among Canadians has been especially alarming over the past decade as it plays an important role in various bodily functions (turns out the majority of our cells have a vitamin D receptor!) and vitamin D deficiency is linked to many serious health conditions.
Unless you are a health superfan who is constantly monitoring nutrient intake, there is a good chance that your body needs help with adequate vitamin intake, especially in winter. Micronutrients play a vital role in enzyme and hormone creation; they also support our energy levels, mental clarity and physical fitness. Nutritional deficiency can significantly lower your productivity and mental capacity. Appropriate vitamin intake can support brain function and liver detoxification; strengthen immune system’s response to viruses; rejuvenate skin, hair and nails; boost our energy level and have positive effects on cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disease, diabetes mellitus, thyroid conditions, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, heavy metal toxicity, osteoarthritis, cancer, fibromyalgia, and others.
If you have digestive problems and gastrointestinal disorders, chronic conditions, weakened immunity, deficient nutrition or if you simply wish to improve your overall physical and mental state and natural defense mechanisms to better fight off seasonal viruses and even COVID, IV Vitamin Therapy might be a great consideration for you. IV Vitamin therapy is the fastest and most efficient way of replenishing your body with therapeutic doses of nutrients.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF IV VITAMIN THERAPY TREATMENTS
- One of the benefits of IV Vitamin therapy is that it can be customized to a person’s unique needs. At The Dempster Clinic we tailor and design each patient’s IV Therapy routine customized to their unique needs and deficiencies. That being said, there are different types of core IV Vitamin formulations, each designed to bring a specific set of benefits. Some of the most popular and widely-used IV Vitamin therapy treatments include:
1. Myer’s cocktail is one of the most popular “mixes” of vitamins and minerals. It is a special formula created by John Myers, MD, which consists of magnesium, calcium, vitamins B and C. Some of the many benefits of Myer’s cocktail include its effectiveness against asthma, migraines, fatigue, acute muscle spasm, various allergies, cardiovascular disease, etc. Because of its effectiveness against fatigue, a modified version of Myer’s has been actively used among patients undergoing breast cancer therapy, as fatigue is a very common side effect these patients experience.
- Magnesium treatment is one of the staples of IV Vitamin therapy. Magnesium plays a role in muscle and vascular relaxation. As a result, it has been effective in reducing pain syndromes in case of acute migraine attacks, headaches and neuropathic pain. It can also ease asthma and allergies.
- Glutathione is beneficial for anyone who would like to achieve healthy aging. It is the most important antioxidant. Studies have indicated that cellular and mitochondrial levels of glutathione are directly linked with health and longevity!
- High-dose Vitamin C has been a subject of studies for many years. Its effectiveness among the critically ill has been well documented. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system, allowing immunocompromised to better fight the disease. For this reason, many researchers have put hope in Vitamin C as a preventive and therapeutic agent against COVID-19. Studies are still actively conducted to determine the extent of vitamin C’s benefit for COVID-19 patients. Nevertheless, the role of vitamin C in maintaining immunity is indisputable.
IS IV VITAMIN THERAPY HOLLYWOOD’S WELL-KEPT SECRET?
Some IV Vitamin treatments are specifically designed to support anti-aging and rejuvenating effects. Their goal is to repair skin cells, including hair and nails. Regular IV treatment can lead to healthier complexion, less acne and age-related wrinkles.
Revitalization through IV Vitamin Therapy is another secret of Hollywood stars. Many have publicly admitted that they are actively administering regular IV Vitamin treatments.They often use it to boost energy levels and metabolism, and improve their mental and emotional performance. You can watch this 2 minute video where I talk about health secrets of Hollywood stars. The results they are getting are truly fascinating!
DOES THE DEMPSTER CLINIC OFFER IV VITAMIN THERAPY?
Not all naturopathic doctors are licensed to practice IV Vitamin Therapy in the province of Ontario. Naturopathic doctors must take an accredited IV Therapy course and complete both practical and written exams set out by the College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO). Dr. Dempster, ND is licensed and board certified to practice IV Vitamin Therapy and offers this service at his Toronto-based clinic.
If you are interested in the variety of IV Vitamin Therapy treatment we offer at the Dempster Clinic or would like to learn more about your body’s nutritional needs, you can book a complimentary 15-minute discovery session over the phone or in person at the clinic. You can also read more about the IV Vitamin Therapy at the Dempster Clinic here.