To Reduce Exposure to NDs and Staff
- Commonly used surfaces (counters, doors, handles, bathrooms, supplement cabinets etc.) are cleaned throughout the day. The Credit card machine and other items that patients use will be cleaned after each patient visit.
- All rooms have hand sanitizers and/or CaviWipes for NDs to disinfect surfaces between visits.
- The clinic has the required Protective Personal Equipment (PPEs) (masks, gowns, and gloves) for clinic use.
- All patients need to be screened when they are called to confirm their appointments.
- We have put up signs in both bathrooms to remind people of proper hand-washing techniques.
- All patients are required to wear a mask during all in-person appointments.
- When calling to book an appointment, you will be asked the following screening questions:
- In the past 14 days have you:
- Developed any symptoms of acute illness such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath?
- Been in close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19?
- If the answer is “no”, you may schedule an appointment.
- If the answer is “yes” to any of the questions then a telemedicine visit with an ND is allowed, but in-person appointments will only be permitted when testing negative.
- If it is deemed that COVID is likely, you will be advised to call Telehealth Ontario at 1- 866-797-0000
- Patients have the option of having a telemedicine call with their ND. Please note that there are specific situations when an ND will need to see a patient in-person. For example, if any aspect of a physical exam is necessary (i.e., to address symptoms associated with abdominal discomfort, to take blood pressure, etc.) or to assess muscle and joint related concerns.
- Patients are encouraged to limit the number of people that accompany them to any in-clinic visits to 1 additional person.
- Elderly or vulnerable patients will be scheduled at a time that limits their potential exposure to other patients. Virtual appointments will continue to be available to help reduce unnecessary travel and exposure.
- We will be increasing the time frame between patient visits to allow time to sanitize treatment rooms and to clean all equipment used between patients and to limit patient exposure to other patients.
To Reduce Exposure To Patients:
- We have a sign posted outside the clinic listing the symptoms of COVID – 19 and advising patients to return home and call the clinic if they are experiencing any of the symptoms listed.
- We have a sign outside the clinic informing patients and delivery personnel to use appropriate hand sterilizer located in the lobby. Deliveries are to be left at the bottom, or top of stairs.
- We will spread out all IV patients in the IV room. Your ND will wear a disposable gown when doing IV treatments on patients that are at high risk. Patients may be asked to wear a disposable gown as well.
- Patient visits will be spread out to limit the number of people in the reception area at any one time.
- All patients are expected to wash their hands when they enter the clinic.
- NDs will be using PPE (gloves and masks) if doing any procedure that involves touching the patient or if in close proximity to the patient.
- Patients are encouraged to pay over the phone for all pick-up orders. Our downstairs lobby area will be where your order will be waiting for you for pickup.
- Life Labs are accepting faxed requisition forms. Therefore, you do not have to come to the clinic just to pick up your requisition, you can just go directly to the lab center.
These guidelines will be evaluated and updated as needed based on updates from the College of Naturopaths Ontario.