In-home cooking sessions to help you achieve your health goals!
Anti-Inflammatory session: Learn how to reduce pain, and lower your risk for the many chronic diseases by lowering inflammation from the inside out. Prevention is the greatest medicine!Sugar-Free Energy session: Discover how to get out of brain fog, afternoon fatigue, and achieve great energy, a clear mind, and radiant skin!Kids & Teens session: Hands-on, and full participation in making fun, tasty meals that nourish growing bodies & minds.
Need help planning out simple and delicious meals for the week? Do you want to learn how to cook healthy, whole food meals in your own home?
Contact The Dempster Clinic- Center For Functional Medicine, to learn more about our nutrition services provided by Dr. Kung, ND.
In the meantime, check out my Keto friendly, plant-based, immune boosting mushroom soup recipe below!
Great to make and store in batches. This soup can last up to 3-4 days. Enjoy as is, over veggies, or on top of your favourite protein as a creamy sauce.
Creamy Coconut Mushroom Soup
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 adults
- Soak 1/4 cup cashews (raw) for 1 hour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 package each of shiitake, cremini, white button mushroom, sliced/ OR approximately 1 medium bowl full of any mushrooms
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp each of thyme, oregano, sale, and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to medium sized pot on low-medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic, sautee until translucent (3-5 minutes).
- Wash, then add mushrooms. Sautee 5-7 minutes, covered, until mushrooms shrink and release water.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, and cook for another 3 minutes uncovered.
- Add coconut milk.
- Can serve as is, or add to a blender with soaked cashews for a more creamy, smooth texture.
**Pro Tip: once you’ve got the idea on how to make soups, feel free to make any vegetable the star feature! I love making creamy roasted tomato soup, which goes very well as pasta or pizza sauce, over veggies, and delicious on its own.